Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Nursery in Progress

 Bevin's room is almost finished!  The walls have been painted, the rug rolled out, and artwork on the walls.  But we still have a few serious steps to take...like a crib!  Ha!  Micah is still occupying our family crib even though he has moved into a room with his big brother.  So for the interim Bevin is sleeping in her pack and play bassinet as you will see a few photos down.  No worries!  She has not made one peep about it.  
 A few items have been hung on the walls.  It can be a little intimidating to hang things on your freshly painted walls but sometimes you just have to go for it!  I did hang this too high originally and I have to patch one small hole.  No worries.



 I LOVE the way that the stripes turned out!  Don't you?
 I also love the simple framed birth announcement.  All I did was scotch tape Bevin's birth announcement to a piece of vintage wallpaper.  (I can say vintage right?  It is a Ralph Lauren pattern from 2000 so it is a decade old.  At least it sounds cooler to say "vintage")  Then I cut the paper to fit a frame that I got from T.J Max.  I originally did it as a temporary fix until I printed the right sized photo but NOW I love it just the way it is.  Don't you love how that happens! 

 Some day a crib will go where the pack and play is now.  We are playing around with the idea of getting her a new crib that converts into a toddler bed and letting Micah stay in his crib as long as he needs.  Believe me, nobody wants that one wandering the house alone at night.    Recently I found Micah in the kitchen chopping the tops off of strawberries with our largest knife.  And before that I caught him Windexing the wall with a disinfecting wipe.  As soon as I caught him in action he took a big bite out of the wipe!  That story ended with extra babyproofing and a phone call to the pediatrician and poison control!


 Miss B enjoying the view...


 ...of her bear mobile.

 Talking to them.
 Making sure her sheep is close at hand.

3 comments:

M said...

It looks great Al! Bevin looks so beautiful in her pretty girly room. :)

Katie @ JK Homestead said...

I love the striped walls! Very lovely!

Tina said...

The walls look beautiful! And, your stories about Micah are cracking me up! We'll have to catch up soon for real!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...