Baby Micah now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain.
He has also learned to use his brain to control primitive breathing. This means that if Micah is born now, he or could probably breathe independently. He is also a lot better at controlling his body temperature
- The baby will be able to turn his or her head to find the source of a bright light. Your baby is continuing to become more sensitive to sounds, tastes, and smells.
- The fat layers will continue to form.
- The head is in proportion to the rest of the body.
- The eyes can move in the sockets.
- The bones are fully developed, but they are still soft and pliable.
- The baby will begin to store iron, calcium, and phosphorus.