Friday, December 18, 2009

30 Weeks

At 30 weeks Micah was about 15.7 inches long now, and he weighed almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounded him, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room in my uterus. His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep his eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means he can only make out objects a few inches from his face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

My belly is continuing to grow! I have tried hard to keep the weight gain under control. When I was pregnant with Luke I ended up with a stress fracture in my left foot from carrying around all of that extra weight. My goal this time has really been to stay as active as possible. I am still able to work although I do find myself tired late in the evening. I have also been appreciating being pregnant with my son Micah during this advent season. So many images, songs, poetry, etc. that are prevalent during the Christmas season have brought me great joy as I carry my unborn son in my womb. What an unexpected surprise and growth experience!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...