Friday, September 30, 2011

"Knee Deep" - Phil's Birthday

"Gonna put the world away for a minute
Pretend I don't live in it
Sunshine gonna wash my blues away..."

Today is Phil's birthday!

I got up early and made breakfast; one of Phil's most favorite things! Every time I do it he says: "We should do this every day!"

I don't know who was happier about the bacon and eggs this morning? Him or pregnant mama?

Phil said it was most definitely pregnant mama.


Or maybe Baby Micah? Not so baby anymore...


"Wishing I was knee deep in the water somewhere
Got the blue sky breeze and it don't seem fair
Only worry in the world is the tide gonna reach my chair..."

Luke and I went to Best Buy at 8:00 PM last night to get daddy the Zac Brown Band cd with the song "Knee Deep". It was an adventure for him and he got to stay up and wrap it!


I have been trying to get Phil to relax ever since we first met. He doesn't even like to take naps...until now! It never dawned on me that "relaxing" means so much more when you actually have something you want to take a break from.

Phil didn't get home from work until 7:30 last night.

I'm not complaining. I'm just saying he treasures every minute of the weekend!

I hope that someday this will will be us:

"Wrote a note said be back in a minute
Bought a boat and I sailed off in it
Don't think anybody gonna miss me anyway..."

Cheers to you Phil and your special day!

1 comment:

guppy and the worm said...

Tell Phil, HAPPY BIRTHDAY from us FISHES!! I wrote him an email at work! See you on Sunday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...