Thursday, April 24, 2008

Yumminess + Bunko

I was wonderfully fortunate to be invited as a "sub" tonight for a game called Bunko. I really had a blast!!! Everyone was so friendly and interesting. It was so fun to move from table to table and meet tons of different people. After the 3rd game there is dessert which is perfect timing. The dessert we had was sooooooo yummy. It is super easy to make and I think that it is a fun one for the kids to make. Here it is! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!!!!

Things You’ll Need:

  • 2 cans crescent rolls
  • 1 c. sugar
  • 1 stick butter
  • 2 tps. cinnamon
  • 2 c. mountain dew (1 can)
  • 4 or 5 apples
  • 9 x 13" baking dish
Step1
Separate the crescent rolls and cut apples into wedges.
Step2
Roll each wedge into a crescent roll and place in a 9 x 13" pan.
Step3
Thinly slice the remaining apples and place on top of apple rolls.
Step4
Melt butter with cinnamon and pour over apples. Pour the can of mountain dew on top as well.
Step5
Bake for 45 minutes in 350 degree oven or until brown & bubbly

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Hey - I think I've introduced myself before, if not, I went to Bethel and am living in B'ton now too. I stop by your site once in a while when I see your comments on a mutual friend's facebook page. Sorry, I hope that's not creepy. :)
wierd - I was going to be a sub for Bunco last night but then couldn't. Did you happen to go to the one with a bunch of LDS girls from the Law/MBA program?

Rhonda said...

Oh my gosh - yup, it's the same group! Those girls are all great. Several of them are leaving this year though. So sad. My friend from the Astronomy dept goes to church with some of them and so has invited me to sub several times. It's always lots of fun. An evening of girl talk and yummy food is always refreshing. :) Did you win anything?

Yeah, we're building a house here - but it's still a bit tentative as to if we'll close on it or not. We're waiting for funding to come through on my husbands potential job here, but so far it's not looking great. He hopes to graduate this fall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...