Monday, July 12, 2010

Laundry Powder

I recently tried a different laundry detergent recipe. The recipe is from www.soulemama.com and it was recommended by my friend Lisa. It is very similar to the other recipe that I have been using for over a year. The largest difference is that it calls for Dr. Bonners Castile soap (I used peppermint) in place of the Fels Naptha. The other difference is that it is a powder instead of a liquid which makes it easier to make!

Grate the soap. This is my favorite part!


I LOVE this puffy soap fluff! Peppermint delight.


Thoroughly mix the borax, washing soda, baking soda, and grated castile soap. Use 1/8 cup per load of laundry! So easy.


Homemade Laundry Powder
(Makes approximately 5 cups)

2 cups (finely) grated castile soap
1 cup borax
1 cup baking soda
1 cup soda ash (washing soda)

Use an 1/8 of a cup per laundry load.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...