Friday, July 4, 2008

Paris: Day 8

Well, we've been in Paris for over a week now, and Allison has yet to get over her sickness. In addition to the ear infection/cold, yesterday she developed an eye infection. She is thinking Paris does not like her! The doctor today prescribed eye drops and an antibiotic, so hopefully they will work to get this out of her system. She is contagious, so I missed classes today to take care of Luke.

After his afternoon nap, he and I went for a walk around the district we are living in, the Marais. We actually went out of it, I believe, and we walked for a couple of hours. He enjoyed most of it, I think, as he was in a good mood throughout it and when we got home. By the end of the walk he was pulling his socks off so that he could suck on his feet! Luckily I saw the socks coming off and they were not left on a random Parisian street.
















Besides our excursion, we stayed in the rest of the day so that Allison could rest. Luke and I had a fun day playing and reading books in addition to our walk. Allison rested and read almost an entire book. I made dinner for all of us, consisting of bow tie pasta with some type of red meat sauce and green beans. I made Luke a sweet potato in the baby food grinder. He just woke up from a 3 hour nap, so we will see if he likes it! He liked the bananas I prepared for his lunch earlier today!


A bakery on Rue St. Antoine, near our apartment















The Parisian landscape













A monument where the Bastille prison used to stand

3 comments:

Alicia Hochstetler said...

I hope you feel better soon Alli!

Guppy & the Worm said...

Drew and I think your photos are getting very "artsy fartsy"...and thats a good thing!

Guppy & the Worm said...

Hi, I hope Allison starts feeling better today!! It sounds like you're still trying to go and see the sites. I bet Phil trys to make a stop at the bakery each day! I know I would.......Give Lucas hugs and kisses from us and hugs to you both also! Love, theGuppy(MOM)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...